Carcillo at forefront of class-action lawsuit against Canadian Hockey League

Former NHL participant Daniel Carcillo is spearheading a class-action lawsuit in opposition to the Canadian Hockey League and its member groups on behalf of gamers who allegedly suffered abuse whereas enjoying main junior hockey.

Carcillo and Garrett Taylor, who performed within the Western Hockey League from 2008-10, filed an announcement of declare Thursday with the Ontario Superior Court docket of Justice.

The CHL and its three member organizations — the WHL, Ontario Hockey League and Quebec Main Junior Hockey League — are listed as defendants, as are all 60 groups that play beneath the CHL umbrella.

An announcement from Koskie Minsky LLP, the legislation agency representing Carcillo and Taylor, stated the motion “is on behalf of youngsters aged 15-17 who had been sexually and bodily assaulted, hazed and in any other case abused whereas away from dwelling and enjoying for CHL groups.”

Not one of the allegations have been confirmed in court docket. The CHL has not responded to a request for remark.

Carcillo, who performed for the OHL’s Sarnia Sting from 2002-05, and Taylor each allege they suffered abuse whereas enjoying main junior hockey.

WATCH | Carcillo says hockey tradition protects abusers: 

Former NHL participant Dan Carcillo says hockey tradition silences gamers and protects abusers. 9:04



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *